These are the services that Summit Coach offers:
Client Intake Process
- On-Line process to explore your skills and experience prior to the first call.
Initial Phone Consultation
- A half hour phone call to determine what services you need, including a fully custom plan.
One Specific Climb Engagement
- Prepares you on what to expect and how to prepare from weather, gear, guides, routes plus training suggestions and budget considerations. All deliverables are a subset of the other plans. You can upgrade after six months for a nominal fee. This is usually a 6-month engagement with frequent phone calls and emails.
Strategic Climb Plan
- A jointly developed written, personalized plan with milestones that prepares you to arrive at your climb in the best possible condition for that specific climb. It will consider where you live, your lifestyle and time availability. It will also consider your long term goals. The deliverable is a color-coded spreadsheet of climbs by quarter over your planning horizon so you can visual your custom plan and make changes as needed.
Strategic Skills Plan
- A written plan with links and current advice that considers your current climbing skills, and your proposed climb. It will include an assessment for the required skills for your short and long term objectives based on the Strategic Climb Plan.
Strategic Training Plan
- A written training plan that considers your current conditioning, and your proposed climb. It will include work on mental techniques to maintain focus during your expedition. Note, you may still choose a personal trainer as Summit Coach does not provide this service. Summit Coach works with other training organizations for a personalized training coach
Guide Selection Consultation and Plan
- Advice on selecting the best guide service (if needed). You will receive a recommendation of multiple guide services that matches your goals, budget, style and experience. The document will cover pros and cons plus safety and summit records as available.
Gear Selection Consultation and Plan
- A custom spreadsheet with links and current prices to help you choose the best gear at the lowest price considering your objectives. You will receive assistance in buying gear at the lowest possible price. You will receive a
- Fast response to all emails on questions or concerns about your climb.
Customized Mountain TIPS Sheet
- A detailed list of suggestions, reminders and insights organized by the climbing timeline for your specific mountain from the day your set the goal, to the summit and then back home. TIPS covers each camp in detail.
Electronic Communications Consultation and Plan
- Advice on whether to blog during your climb and what is the most cost effective method. The plan also includes using electronic trackers like DeLorme, SPOT and camera recommendations.
1-1 Live Personal Coaching
- Regular live consultations either in person, on the phone or via Skype throughout the engagement. This is available on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Through email or phone, Alan will provide consulting while you are on your climb.
Post Climb Debrief
- Once you are back home, a structured debrief focusing on lessons learned and your next goal.
Sponsorship Strategy Development
- Alan will help you develop a sponsorship strategy including identifying potential sponsors, write a professional proposal and rehearsing your presentation. Alan draws on his 30 years of Executive Management and his own successful sponsorship experience for Everest, K2, Lhotse and the 7 Summits.
Other Services Available for Extra Fees
- Custom personalized training, online or in person
- High Altitude Medical Consultation
- Specialized Consultation for Female Climbers
- Rock Climbing Training
- Ice Climbing Training