Schedule a free call to explore how Summit Coach can help you
Hello, and welcome from Alan Arnette and Summit Coach. We have helped many climbers reach their goals, from a Colorado 14er to Denali, Cotopaxi, Everest, or even K2. We invite you to review our site for details on our consultation services and prices. Please get in touch with us using the contact form.
Preparing for a climb is more than training.
Summit Coach is a consulting service that helps aspiring climbers worldwide achieve their goals through a personalized set of consulting services based on Alan Arnette’s 25 years of high-altitude mountaineering experience and 30 years as a business executive.
“I am really pleased to have you as my coach. Worth every penny!”
– Mike – new Summit Coach client for Ama Dablam
“Your advice was critical to my success on Everest.”
– Eric – 2021 Everest Summit now going for K2
The most important service you get from Summit Coach is the ongoing conversations to explore your climb and preparation.
Why Do You Need a Coach and Why Alan?
Offered at an affordable price, Summit Coach can help with physical training, developing mental toughness, selecting the best guide, buying gear at the lowest price, or avoiding surprises on your climb.
Alan has experiences unlike anyone else in the industry with climbs, summits, sponsorship, and organization. Alan ran track in High School, setting state records, but that fitness never translated to high altitude (above 10,000 feet) when he began climbing at age 38. He has proven programs for physical training and mental toughness that can help most aspiring climbers achieve their goals. Many Summit Coach clients have limited or no experience; others have dozens of summits and are looking for help with that last big one. Regardless of your experience, Summit Coach can help with an honest program, not promises of a “summit with no experience.” Read more about Alan.
Who is this for?
Motivated individuals seeking to arrive at their mountain fully prepared, informed, and enabled to perform at their maximum physical and mental potential. With expeditions now costing from $8,000 to $80,000, it’s a smart investment to enable you to do your best on your climb. If any of these points fit your situation, you may benefit from Summit Coach:
- Want to be in the best mental and physical shape possible for your climb but unsure how to start
- Not pleased with your experience on a recent climb
- Want to climb a 7,000 or 8,000-meter peak but are not sure where to start
- Unsure of how to find the best gear at the best price
- How to get your family on the same page to support your ambitions
- All guide services seem similar, and you are unsure who you can trust
- Is the lowest price guide service safe?
Summit Coach leverages Alan’s personal experience with hundreds of other climbers, guides, and climbs. As a result, Alan can relate to and offer benefits to his clients, as demonstrated by his climbing career as a regular person (not a guide) with a full-time job and family starting at age 38.
Alan has not summited every mountain and thus gained valuable lessons he will pass on to you. In addition, Alan secured sponsorship for some of his climbs, a rarity in today’s world. These included extensive public relations campaigns, live television and radio interviews, and print and online media events.
His website and Blog have over 3 million followers. Outside Magazine cited Alan as “one of the world’s most respected chroniclers of Everest.”
Alan’s Unique Qualifications
- Alan has been on Everest four times, summiting on May 21, 2011.
- His ‘non-summits’ of Everest are a serious benefit in helping you to learn from his experiences.
- He set a record by becoming the oldest and 18th American to summit K2 at age 58
- He has over 35 major climbs worldwide, starting at age 38, including eight 8,000M peaks and climbing above 6000 meters over twelve times.
- Alan has completed 7 of the 8 “7 Summits” between November 2010 and October 2011.
- He has climbed all of Colorado’s 58 14,000′ mountains, aka 14ers, with over 225 summits, including repeats.
- Successfully secured sponsors for the 7 Summits, K2, and Lhotse expeditions
- He has organized his expeditions, including Broad Peak and K2, plus used professional guides.
Schedule a free call to explore how Summit Coach can help you.
Self-assessment if you need a coach for your next expedition:
Q: Are you confident in your physical training plan?
Q: Are you confident you will have mental toughness when you hit the “wall”?
Q: Are you confident you have the correct gear?
Q: Are you sure you have the proper skills for your climb?
Q: Do you fully understand what it will take to have a positive experience on your climb?
Q: How confident that you understand what it will take to summit safely?
Q: Are you sure you have selected the correct guide that matches your personality, experience, budget, and skills?
Q: Do you know what climbs you should do before the big one you plan?
If you answered no to any questions, read on because Summit Coach can change those no’s to yes.